Ted Imoto is a Sensei with the Industry Sheriff’s Kendo Dojo (ISKD) located in the City of Industry, California (east of L.A.) who has translated a number of informative articles on kendo from Japanese to English. Courtesy of Imoto Sensei, his articles are provided below (Thank you!) in PDF format and under the following categories:
- Philosophical Articles
- Striking, datotsu
Most of them are also posted on the ISKD site. Enjoy!
- “Bushido & Christianity” by Arimasa Kubo,(PDF, 5 pages)
- “Three Morning Talks about Kendo (The Art of Kendo, The Art of Earning a Living, The Art of Living)” by Ichiro Yano, 1964 (PDF, 6 pages).
- “Pursuing Life Time Kendo” by Ishihara Tadayoshi (石原忠美) and Okamura Tadanori (岡村忠典) sensei (先生),(from a book titled”Ensō no Fūkō (円相の風光) from KendoJidai (剣道時代) magazine – Pleasant Chat (歓談)), 1998, (PDF, 4 pages).
- “Kendo Script” by Takano Sasaburō (高野佐三郎) Sensei, (PDF, 5 pages)”
- Chiba Sensei’s Kendo Perfect Master, YouTube (Transcription) (PDF, 7 pages).
- “A Study of DATOTSU Movement in Kendo,” by Eishi Kidera (PDF, 4 pages)
- “Studies of Body Movements in Kendo Men,” by Imafuku Ichiju, 2012. (PDF, 7 pages)
- “Why Men Uchi is Essential in Kendo,” (PDF, 7 pages)
- “ŌjiWaza-Men(剣道教室-7) by Ogawa Haruki Sensei (PDF, 15 pages)
- “Waza-Tsubazeriai(剣道教室)1”, by Ogawa Haruki Sensei (PDF, 9 pages)
- “Waza-Kote(剣道教室-1),” by Ogawa Haruki Sensei (PDF, 9 pages)
- “Waza-Dō(剣道教室-1),” by Ogawa Haruki Sensei (PDF, 7 pages)
- “ShikakeWaza-Men(剣道教室-1),” by Ogawa Haruki Sensei, (PDF, 10 pages)